Monday, December 20, 2010

2010 Recap

The Stacy and Allison McCants family has had a big year! Near the end of January we found out we were expecting, which was not so much a surprise for me , but I think Stacy might have been caught a little off guard, but nonetheless he was thrilled...I think. He is now anyway. Here is the first picture of our little peanut.
















I couldn't talk about this year without mentioning Missy. We lost her in April after her 1 1/2 year fight with Lymphoma, which was not so much of a fight. She pretty much kicked its ass until the very end. We are very blessed to have loved her and to have her love us. The same day she passed, I felt Nathan kick for the first time, we know this was not a coincidence. The Lord knows what He is doing. While losing her was hard, we had much to look forward to: The next week we were finding out if we were having a boy or a girl. Can you find the tell-tale sign in this photo?
















A couple of weeks before we were finding out what we were having Stacy had the brilliant idea that we should each write on a piece of paper what we thought it was and seal it to be opened after the ultrasound.




















I thought it was a boy and Stacy thought girl. I win.

May 2, we celebrated our first wedding anniversary. Stacy planned the whole thing. We went to Birmingham and stayed at Ross Bridge which was fantastic. We had dinner at Bottega, which was also fantastic. And who should be dining at its sister restaurant right next door but the B-52's!! AWESOME!

Stacy and I had saved a bottle of wine from our wedding to drink on our one-year anniversary and my doctor gave me clearance to have a glass, so I was really looking forward to that too. I won't mention my doctor's name because I don't want him to get in trouble for telling me that it was ok to drink, but clearly everything turned out fine--we have a very big, very healthy baby boy.

After we found out what we were having, we got busy working on the nursery. I won't lie, Stacy did most of the working. He even carved Nathan's name out of wood his-own-self.





This summer was brutally hot and seeing how I was preggers, I thought it would be in the baby's best interest if I spent most of my time floating in a nice cold pool which my husband blew up and filled for me every single weekend. It totally rocked. For July 4th, my sis came to visit and hang out with me in the pool.



July 12th we went to the doctor and got this picture:


After I saw his sweet face, the wait was too much to bear. I felt closer to him than ever, especially since he was rolling around and kicking so much. I could put my hand on my belly and at any time I would feel his little knee or his little bottom. The third trimester was very sweet for me.


For the next few weeks, meeting Nathan was pretty much the only thing on my mind, but a lot did happen during this time. My friends and sister threw me an amazing baby shower. I had a wonderful time and was touched by all the effort that went into it and by the effort made by the out-of-town guests to come and be a part of the festivities. The hostesses did such a good job with the decorations and food. And my sister ordered custom blue M&M's with Nathan's name, his initials and the party date and made cookies with them as party favors. The cake was an exact replication of the invitation. If I think about it, I'll post pictures of this another time.

Near the end of August, Stacy and I went to the beach for our "babymoon." We stayed in Destin and had a great time, but the food really stands out (shocking). We ate at the Back Porch a couple of times; their bronzed fish sandwich was out of this world. I think I'm getting off track here. Apparently these sandwiches were an important part of my year...

At week 38 we went in for my weekly exam and the ultrasound showed that our little man was not so little...so instead of risking birthing a giant baby, we decided to have him a week early. The big day was set for September 23. I was beside myself!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that y'all started this blog! I'm looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete